This self-directed, online course prepares healthcare professionals to evaluate and assess patients with potential symptoms of myocardial infarction, interpret ECGs for signs of STEMI (ST-elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery.
Learn: Rapid STEMI ID supports the efforts of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline®, a national initiative to improve quality of care and outcomes in heart attack patients by improving healthcare systems’ readiness and response to STEMI patients.
- Understanding STEMI Systems of Care and STEMI recognition
- Basics of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and triage of STEMI patients
- Acquiring high-quality, 12-lead electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- 12-lead findings that mimic STEMI
- Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECG
- Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
- Practice 12-lead ECG test
- 2-part AHA exam
- Certificate of completion available to print upon successful completion
- Access to course content for one year following activation of course key
- No skills session is required to complete the course; however, students will receive a certificate of completion upon successful completion, and physicians, nurses, and EMS will be eligible to apply for continuing education credits.
This course is for healthcare professionals who want to improve their STEMI recognition and assessment skills, or for healthcare professionals seeking to obtain continuing education credits.